August 24, 2026 04:41 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

Kuwait reports 161 new COVID-19 cases, 1,154 in total

| @justearthnews | Apr 11, 2020, at 05:29 pm

Kuwait City/Xinhua/UNI: Kuwait reported 161 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1,154, the Health Ministry said in a statement.

The new cases include 29 Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain, Germany and the United States, one case related to an illegal resident who had arrived from Britain and one Indian resident who arrived from Egypt, the statement said.

It added that 124 cases have a history of contact with infected patients and the cause of the infection for the other six cases is still under investigation.

So far, 1,020 patients are under treatment, including 26 in ICU, the statement noted.

Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of ten patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 133.

On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death due to COVID-19.

The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.