Apologise to nation for lockdown, but this is only way to fight COVID-19: PM Modi on Mann Ki Baat | COVID-19 lockdown: Delivery agent dies while walking home from Delhi | Amid COVID-19 lockdown, thousands of migrant workers gather at Delhi bus station to return home | Total COVID-19 cases in India jump to 959 on fourth day of nationwide lockdown | We all are one in this battle against COVID-19: PM Modi |
India condemns terror attack in Egypt

India condemns terror attack in Egypt

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 29 Dec 2018, 04:33 pm

New Delhi, Dec 29 (IBNS): India on Saturday condemned the terror attack in Egypt which left at least four people and injured more than 10 others on Friday evening.

In a statement, the Ministry of External Affairs said: "We condemn the cowardly terrorist attack on the tourist bus near the Giza Pyramids in Egypt on 28th December in which innocent lives were lost."

"We convey our heartfelt condolences to the families of the deceased and wish speedy recovery for those injured. We stand with the Government and people of Egypt in their fight against terrorism," it said.

A roadside blast near Giza pyramids in Egypt left four people killed, media reports said on Saturday.

The incident left 12 others injured.

According to reports, the blast near the bus left three Vietnamese tourists and a local tour guide killed.

A bomb hidden beside a wall went off as the bus carrying 14 Vietnamese tourists was passing, BBC reported.

Prime Minister Mostafa Madbouly was quoted as saying by BBC the bus hit the device after it went off its planned route without alerting security forces.

Apart from the Egyptian driver, the other injured people are reportedly Vietnamese tourists.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

India condemns terror attack in Egypt

India Blooms News Service
Comments ()

Post your comment:

Web Analytics