April 27, 2024 06:01 (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
6.1 magnitude earthquake hits Taiwan, no immediate damages reported | Arjuna awardee CRPF officer found guilty of sexual harassment charges, faces dismissal | Opposition's dreams shattered: PM Modi on Supreme Court's VVPAT verdict | Supreme Court rejects plea seeking 100 pct votes verification on EVMs, rules out returning to ballot papers | Voting concludes in 88 constituencies with 61% turnout by 5 pm
Shahid Afridi reconsidering his decision to quit T20

Shahid Afridi reconsidering his decision to quit T20

India Blooms News Service | | 24 Feb 2016, 07:15 pm
Dubai, Feb 24 (IBNS) Pakistan T20 skipper Shahid Afridi said that he is reconsidering his decision to quit playing the format after the upcoming World T20.

Afridi told  ESPNcricinfo: " "I am saying there is a lot of pressure on me that I shouldn't retire from T20. That I can play on, and as such there is no real talent coming through in Pakistan whose place I am taking."

"For a while now there is a lot of pressure from my family, a lot of pressure from my friends, including my elders, who say there is no need for me to retire from Twenty20. That is a huge pressure. For now, in truth, I am focusing only on the World Cup. That is a huge challenge for me," he said.

Afridi told the website: "First I want to see where Pakistan stand in the World Cup. Whether I am capable of taking the team forward on the back of my performances. I want to check where I am standing myself. As far as playing goes my fitness is zabardast (awesome). Energy is also there. I can play cricket. But I would be able to tell things clearly after the World Twenty20."

Afridi turns 36 next month.

He has represented Pakistan in 90 T20 Internationals. 

Image: Wikimedia Commons

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.