No resumption of passenger flight operation in Maharashtra now: Uddhav Thackeray | BJP-TMC faceoff as Dilip Ghosh en-route to his constituency stopped by police | Bengal Guv urges people to remain calm, asks govt to act fast in restoring services | With four new positive cases Assam COVID-19 cases surge to 350 | Indian jawans briefly detained by Chinese forces in Ladakh last week: Reports |

SevenJackpots compare Indias most popular online casino, we love online gambling and are here to help Indian gamblers find the best casino sites with fastest withdrawal options.

Ads
Mitchell Johnson announces retirement from all forms of cricket

Mitchell Johnson announces retirement from all forms of cricket

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 19 Aug 2018, 05:13 pm

Sydney, Aug 19 (IBNS): Former Australian fast bowler Mitchell Johnson on Sunday announced his retirement from all forms of the game, bringing down the curtains to a long and illustrious career.

Johnson represented Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2018 edition of the Indian Premier League.

He had retired from international cricket in November 2015.

He used to play in different T20 games all across the globe since then.

Giving reasons for his decision to completely quit the game, the fast bowler said he had been suffering from back problems during the IPL and added that it was an indication for him to call time. 

" If I can’t play at 100 per cent then I can’t give my best to the team. And for me it’s always been about the team," the cricketer said in a column on Perth Now.

"I saw more highs and lows than most cricketers and I’m proud that I was able to fight back from adversity in the latter part of my career and produce consistent performances. I made mistakes and I learnt from them, he said.

 

Image: Wikimedia Commons
 

Mitchell Johnson announces retirement from all forms of cricket

India Blooms News Service
Comments ()

Post your comment:

Web Analytics