No resumption of passenger flight operation in Maharashtra now: Uddhav Thackeray | BJP-TMC faceoff as Dilip Ghosh en-route to his constituency stopped by police | Bengal Guv urges people to remain calm, asks govt to act fast in restoring services | With four new positive cases Assam COVID-19 cases surge to 350 | Indian jawans briefly detained by Chinese forces in Ladakh last week: Reports |
Former Adelaide Archbishop accused of sexual harassment cover-up faces house arrest

Former Adelaide Archbishop accused of sexual harassment cover-up faces house arrest

India Blooms News Service | @indiablooms | 14 Aug 2018, 12:17 pm

Canberra, Aug 14 (IBNS): Philip Wilson, the former Archbishop of Adelaide, Australia, has been ordered a 12-month house arrest, after a national court found him guilty of concealing child sex abuse.

Wilson resigned as Archbishop after allegations surfaced against him.

The verdict has saved the 67-year-old Vatican official from serving a jail-term.

His lawyers are expected to lodge an appeal today.

Serving the verdict the court said that the priest would be tracked using a tracking device and would be eligible for parole after serving six months of his 12-month sentence.

According to reports, Wilson showed indifference when confronted by a victim, who demanded his apology.

Magistrate Robert Stone, who presided over the case, said Wilson was privy to the incidents, however, he chose to remain silent in order to protect the church's reputation.

Former Adelaide Archbishop accused of sexual harassment cover-up faces house arrest

India Blooms News Service
Comments ()

Post your comment:

Web Analytics