February 21, 2026 07:13 am (IST)
Brussels: Two brothers behind attacks
Brussels, Mar 23 (IBNS): The police on Wednesday identified two of the attackers who were believed to be responsible for the Brussels massacre on Tuesday, media reports said.
The two attackers have been identified as brothers-Khalid and Brahim el-Bakraoui.
A BBC report said that the pair were known to police.
"It is believed at least one was among three suspects seen in a CCTV image at Zaventem airport," the BBC report said.
The city of Brussels was on Tuesday hit by three blasts, targeting the airport and a metro station, that left over 30 people killed and several others injured.
Twin blasts had hit Zaventem airport which killed at least 11 people and injured 81 others, reports said.
The third blast had occurred at Maelbeek metro station later which left at least 20 dead.
Earlier on Tuesday night, the Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack in Brussels.
The incident occurred just days after Salah Abdeslam, who is the main suspect in the Paris attacks, was captured from Brussels.
Support Our Journalism
We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism
IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.
Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Latest Headlines
'Law must take its course': King Charles after brother Andrew's arrest in Epstein-linked probe
Thu, Feb 19 2026
Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid
Thu, Feb 19 2026
'No reason to believe India changed stance': Russia rejects US claim on oil imports
Wed, Feb 18 2026
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei aims at Donald Trump, US forces as Iran-US nuclear diplomacy continues
Tue, Feb 17 2026
