August 18, 2026 07:13 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
Kyiv
Volodymyr Zelenskyy says three killed in fresh Russian drone strikes on Kyiv. Photo: Volodymyr Zelenskyy/X

Kyiv hit again: Child among three killed in Russian drone strikes, Ukrainian President Zelenskyy says

| @indiablooms | Aug 08, 2026, at 06:26 pm

At least three people, including a child, died in a Russian drone strikes in Ukraine's Kyiv city, said Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Saturday.

In the early hours of Saturday missiles hit east of the capital and witnesses reported hearing powerful explosions just days after strikes across Ukraine killed 21 people, BBC reported.

Sharing deatils about the strike, Zelenskyy wrote on X: "Last night, Russia killed three people in Pukhivka, Kyiv region, with drone strikes – a grandfather, a grandmother, and their grandson. The boy was only three years old."

He said four people were injured in the incident.

"Four more people were hospitalised: the child’s parents, his 15-year-old brother, and a neighbor who came to the family’s aid and was wounded in a double-tap strike," he said.

He said the victims suffered thermal burns and shrapnel wounds.

He said: " It was an ordinary residential building. The Russians could not have been unaware of this. There was also a strike involving six ballistic missiles against civilian infrastructure in Kyiv. As of now, one person has been reported dead. My condolences to the family and loved ones. The Donetsk, Kharkiv, Sumy, Dnipro, Zaporizhzhia, Odesa, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Chernihiv, and Poltava regions also came under attack."

In the first six months of this year, the UN confirmed almost 1,400 Ukrainian civilians killed and almost 8,000 injured by Russian attacks.

Though Russian authorities have not released a figure for the same six-month time period, they claim more than 8,000 civilians killed since 2022 and at least 61 killed and 327 wounded by Ukrainian strikes in the last week of July.

Across Ukraine, OCHA reports that 10.8 million people require humanitarian assistance and 3.8 million Ukrainians remain internally displaced.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.