May 23, 2026 07:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial

Chinese mainland reports 31 new confirmed COVID-19 cases

| @indiablooms | Mar 30, 2020, at 09:44 am

Beijing/Xinhua//UNI: Chinese health authority said Monday it received reports of 31 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, of which 30 were imported.

 

A new domestic case was reported in Gansu Province, the National Health Commission said.

Also on Sunday, four deaths, all in Hubei Province, and 17 new suspected cases, all imported ones, were reported on the mainland, according to the commission.

On Sunday, 322 people were discharged from the hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 109 to 633.

As of Sunday, the mainland had reported a total of 723 imported cases but no death. Of the imported cases, 93 had been discharged from the hospital after recovery, and 630 were being treated in hospital with 19 in severe conditions, said the commission.

The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 81,470 by the end of Sunday, including 2,396 patients who were still being treated, 75,770 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 3,304 people who died of the disease.

The commission said that 168 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus, 165 of whom were from abroad.

The commission added that 19,235 close contacts were still under medical observation after 1,575 people were discharged on Sunday.

By the end of Sunday, 641 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 38 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 298 in Taiwan including three deaths.

A total of 118 patients in Hong Kong, 10 in Macao and 39 in Taiwan had been discharged from the hospital after recovery.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.