May 23, 2026 10:30 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Honoured to visit the Missionaries of Charity today, says Rubio after Kolkata visit, arrives in Delhi | Marco Rubio's India visit begins in Kolkata: Trade, defence and Quad talks take centre stage | Third fuel price hike in India in 10 days: Here’s what you’ll pay now | Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60%
China
Unsplash

Chinese mainland reports 6 new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases

| @indiablooms | Oct 31, 2020, at 02:16 pm

Beijing/Xinhua: Six new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on Friday, the National Health Commission said on Saturday.

A total of 38 new asymptomatic cases, including 23 arriving from outside the mainland, were reported, the commission said in its daily report.

It added that 27 confirmed cases arriving from outside the mainland were reported Friday.

Two new suspected COVID-19 cases from outside the mainland were reported in Shanghai. No new deaths related to the disease were reported, the commission added.

Of the new imported cases, eight were reported in Shanghai, five in Tianjin, four in Sichuan, three each in Zhejiang and Guangdong, and one each in Hebei, Inner Mongolia, Hunan and Yunnan, the commission said in its daily report.

On Friday, 17 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland.

By the end of Friday, a total of 3,359 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 3,060 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 299 remained hospitalized. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.

As of Friday, the total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland had reached 85,973. Of them, 355 patients were still being treated, including nine in severe condition.

Altogether 80,984 patients had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland, the commission said.

There were five suspected COVID-19 cases on the mainland, while 13,280 close contacts were still under medical observation after 653 were discharged Friday, according to the commission.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.