May 23, 2026 08:32 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
PID Bangladesh

Fight against COVID-19: Bangladesh govt extends lockdown

| @indiablooms | Apr 05, 2020, at 05:43 pm

Dhaka/IBNS: In a bid to fight against COVID-19 outbreak, the Bangladesh government on Sunday extended the lockdown till Apr 14, media reports said.

The public administration ministry issued an order extending the shutdown on Sunday, reported bdnews24.

The initial lockdown was announced until APr 11.

The ongoing shutdown was set to be lifted on Apr 11 but it has been extended to Apr 13 and merged with the national holiday to mark Pahela Baishakh -- the Bangla New Year -- the following day, Public Administration Secretary Shaikh Yusuf Harun told bdnews24.

However, the order does not apply to utility and emergency services, including the fire service, power, gas, water and telecoms, reported the news portal.

Meanwhile, the Bangladesh government on Sunday recorded 18 new COVID-19 positive cases.

It took the tally of infections to 88 while the death toll from the virus rose to nine after another patient succumbed to the disease in the last 24 hours, Health Minister Zahid Malik said in an online media briefing on Sunday as reported by the newsportal.

So far, 33 patients have recovered from the disease in the country.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.