May 23, 2026 09:11 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial

Kuwait reports 161 new COVID-19 cases, 1,154 in total

| @justearthnews | Apr 11, 2020, at 05:29 pm

Kuwait City/Xinhua/UNI: Kuwait reported 161 new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 1,154, the Health Ministry said in a statement.

The new cases include 29 Kuwaiti citizens who returned from Britain, Germany and the United States, one case related to an illegal resident who had arrived from Britain and one Indian resident who arrived from Egypt, the statement said.

It added that 124 cases have a history of contact with infected patients and the cause of the infection for the other six cases is still under investigation.

So far, 1,020 patients are under treatment, including 26 in ICU, the statement noted.

Meanwhile, Kuwaiti Minister of Health Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of ten patients from the coronavirus, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 133.

On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death due to COVID-19.

The Kuwaiti government has decided to impose a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.

On March 13, Kuwait suspended all commercial flights. The government also decided to close stores, malls and barbershops.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.