May 23, 2026 03:37 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Pixabay

Malaysia reports 41 new COVID-19 cases, preschools set to open in July

| @indiablooms | Jun 15, 2020, at 05:05 pm

Kuala Lumpur/Xinhua: Malaysia reported 41 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, pushing the total cases in the country to 8,494, the Health Ministry said.

Health Ministry Director-General Noor Hisham Abdullah said at a press briefing that three of the new cases are imported. Of the local transmissions, 32 are foreign nationals, including a cluster of foreign detainees from an immigration facility as well as clusters of foreign workers. Of the six local transmission involving Malaysian citizens, one new cluster was found in a senior citizen care center.

There are 973 active cases in the country, of which four are being held in intensive care and none of the rest are in need of assisted breathing.

No new death(s) has been reported, leaving the total deaths at 121.

Another 54 cases had been released, bringing the total number of cured and discharged to 7,400 or 87.1 percent of all cases.

Meanwhile, Defense Minister Ismail Sabri Yaakob, who coordinated the implementation of restrictive measures, said in a separate press conference that preschools and kindergartens will be allowed to operate from July 1 onwards.

Malaysia's Education Ministry announced earlier that middle schools will be reopen on June 24 for senior grade students.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.