May 23, 2026 09:13 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial

New Zealand confirms 2nd death of COVID-19

| @indiablooms | Apr 10, 2020, at 12:16 pm

Wellington/Xinhua/UNI: A second person has died of COVID-19 in New Zealand, the country's Ministry of Health said on Friday.

New Zealand reported 23 new confirmed and 21 new probable cases of COVID-19 on Friday, bringing the total number of confirmed and probable infections to 1,283 in the country.

Two people have died from COVID-19 so far, and 373 people have recovered, Director-General of Health Ashley Bloomfield from the Ministry of Health said at a press conference.

More than 46,000 tests have been carried out to date, Bloomfield said.

New Zealand entered a four-week lockdown, or epidemic response Alert Level 4, from March 25. The government wage subsidy scheme has helped more than 1 million Kiwis keep their jobs, according to the government.

Bloomfield said the cabinet will decide on the next steps on April 20, two days before the month-long lockdown ends.

The State of National Emergency to support the COVID-19 response will be extended a second time for a further seven days.

Health Minister David Clark said a range of support is being rolled out across New Zealand to help people look after their mental health during the COVID-19 outbreak.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.