May 23, 2026 11:06 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Honoured to visit the Missionaries of Charity today, says Rubio after Kolkata visit, arrives in Delhi | Marco Rubio's India visit begins in Kolkata: Trade, defence and Quad talks take centre stage | Third fuel price hike in India in 10 days: Here’s what you’ll pay now | Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60%
South Australia
Image: Unsplash

South Australia to impose temporary COVID-19 restrictions on Tuesday - Premier

| @indiablooms | Nov 16, 2020, at 11:06 pm

Moscow/Sputnik: Starting Tuesday, the Australian state of South Australia will be enforcing new restrictions to stop the spread of COVID-19, which will last for about two weeks, Premier Steven Marshall said Monday.

Earlier in the day, the state reported a spike in new cases hitting 18, a considerable deviation from the usual dynamics of 1-5 daily increases.

"We are implementing immediate restrictions from midnight tonight, to limit the transmission of coronavirus in #SouthAustralia. Time is of the essence and we are acting swiftly and decisively to stay ahead," Marshall tweeted.

The head of state government attached a note, outlining temporary limitations, such as caps on numbers of people at various public events to 100 or 50 as well as the closure of gyms and recreation centers. All gatherings that are still allowed will be expected to follow the one-person-per-4 square mile rule. The expected duration of the measures is two weeks.

On Facebook, Marshall also mentioned that schools would remain open, while also advising to avoid receiving visitors at home and traveling.

South Australia has confirmed a total of 544 cases, including four fatalities. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.