May 23, 2026 06:42 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Wikimedia Commons

West Bengal reports its third COVID 19 case

| @indiablooms | Mar 21, 2020, at 09:39 am

Kolkata/IBNS: West Bengal has reported its third positive Coronavirus infection case on Saturday.

According to reports, the woman from Habra, who recently returned from Scotland, is currently undergoing treatment in the isolation ward of the Beliaghata ID Hospital.

West Bengal on Friday reported the second positive Novel Coronavirus case as a 22-year old man has been infected with the deadly virus, media reports said.

The 22-year old came to Mumbai, India from England on Mar 13.

He then took a flight from Mumbai to Kolkata.

The patient is a resident of south Kolkata's Ballygunge.

The family members of the patient have been quarantined.

Earlier an 18-year old son of the state's top bureaucrat tested positive.

West Bengal on Friday reported the second positive Novel Coronavirus case as a 22-year old man has been infected with the deadly virus, media reports said.

The 22-year old came to Mumbai, India from England on Mar 13.

He then took a flight from Mumbai to Kolkata.

The patient is a resident of south Kolkata's Ballygunge.

The family members of the patient have been quarantined.

Earlier an 18-year old son of the state's top bureaucrat tested positive.

However, the bureaucrat's son faced lot of criticism as he didn't quarantine himself despite the suggestions by the doctors and instead visited a mall as well as state headquarters Nabanna with her mother. 

In a major step, the West Bengal government invoked provisions of Epidemic Disease Act, 1897, so that no patient can escape while undergoing treatment for Coronavirus.

Also a 200-cr fund has been created to fight the disease.

The disease has left four people dead across India so far.

In a major step, the West Bengal government invoked provisions of Epidemic Disease Act, 1897, so that no patient can escape while undergoing treatment for Coronavirus.

Also a 200-cr fund has been created to fight the disease.

The disease has left four people dead across India so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.