February 17, 2026 06:06 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Bomb Threat
Image credit : Pixabay

'Hoax': Home Ministry on Delhi bomb threat email that led to early shutdown of nearly 100 schools

| @indiablooms | May 01, 2024, at 06:16 pm

New Delhi/IBNS: The Union Home Ministry has called the bomb threat email that led to early shutdown of nearly 100 students in Delhi and Noida "hoax", media reports said.

The ministry's spokesperson has put up a post on X reading, "Some schools in Delhi received threat e-mails this morning. The mails appear to be hoax and there is no need to panic. @DelhiPolice and security agencies are taking all necessary steps as per protocol."

Meanwhile, the origin of the hoax bomb threat email has been traced, said Lieutenant Governor VK Saxena.

"The Delhi Police have traced the origin of the emails. I am assuring citizens of Delhi that the police are alert, getting leads, and will take strict action," Saxena said as quoted by NDTV.

The schools were evacuated after the classes were stopped midway and students were asked to leave. Examinations in some of the schools were also disrupted.

Sanskriti School in Chanakyapuri, Mother Mary School in Mayur Vihar were among the first schools to receive the bomb threat.

Delhi Education Minister Atishi posted on X, "Some schools have received bomb threats today morning. Students have been evacuated and those premises are being searched by Delhi Police. So far nothing has been found in any of the schools.

"We are in constant touch with the Police and the schools. Would request parents and citizens not to panic. School authorities will be in touch with parents wherever needed."

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.