April 04, 2025 10:01 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
K Annamalai says he is not in a race to become Tamil Nadu BJP's next president | PM Modi meets Muhammad Yunus in Bangkok amid bilateral tension in first since Hasina's fall | Calcutta HC blasts TMC leader-headed film federation over infringement of directors' fundamental rights | BJP demands Mamata Banerjee's resignation over Supreme Court verdict quashing Bengal govt jobs | Rajya Sabha passes Waqf (Amendment) Bill 2025 after marathon debate, 128 voted in favour | West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee accuses BJP, CPI (M) for SC verdict on SSC recruitment, vows to support affected teachers | Supreme Court stays deforestation in Hyderabad's Kancha Gachibowli amid protests | Modi a great friend of mine but not treating US right: Donald Trump announcing reciprocal tariffs on India | Crushing defeat for Mamata Banerjee: BJP reacts to Supreme Court's SSC recruitment order | DMK to challenge Waqf (Amendment) Bill in Supreme Court, announces Stalin
In 2019, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan converted the leasehold status of their property. (Photo courtesy: Pooja Dadlani Instagram handle)

Maharashtra govt to refund Shah Rukh Khan Rs 9 cr for excess payment on Mannat conversion

| @indiablooms | Jan 26, 2025, at 04:58 pm

New Delhi: Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan will receive a Rs 9 crore refund from the Maharashtra government due to an error in calculating the premium for converting his Mannat bungalow to full ownership, media reports said.

The Maharashtra government has approved a Rs 9 crore refund to Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, following an overpayment made during the conversion of the lease for his iconic sea-facing bungalow, Mannat, into full ownership, reported PTI.

In 2019, Shah Rukh Khan and his wife Gauri Khan converted the leasehold status of their heritage property in Bandra into "class 1 complete ownership" by paying a premium to the state government, according to the report.

However, a tabulation error led to an excess payment.

Resident suburban collector Satish Bagal confirmed on Saturday that the Khans had filed an application with the revenue authority to rectify the error, reported PTI.

The application was approved earlier this week, sanctioning the refund. 

Although officials did not disclose the exact premium paid at the time, reports suggest the actor had paid more than Rs 25 crore, the report said.

The refund represents the excess amount resulting from the miscalculation.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Close menu