February 18, 2026 12:21 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
borewell
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Man dies after falling in DJB’s borewell, Delhi Police recover body

| @indiablooms | Mar 10, 2024, at 11:01 pm

Hours after the incident, the Delhi Police recovered the body of a 30-year-old man from the borewell of the Delhi Jal Board’s sewage treatment plant in Keshopur on Friday.

In a social media post on X, Delhi Water Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Atishi informed that the NDRF team had recovered the body of a man who fell into the borewell.

Atishi said, “According to initial information, the deceased was a male aged around 30 years.”

She further said, “Police will investigate how the deceased person entered the borewell room and how he fell inside the borewell.”

Atishi also directed the chief secretary, Naresh Kumar, to conduct an investigation and take exemplary action in the matter.

In a notice, Atishi asked the chief secretary to conduct a time-bound inquiry into the incident and to ensure all government and private abandoned borewells were welded and sealed immediately, with a compliance report due within 48 hours.

“A deeply unfortunate incident has taken place in Delhi today; someone has fallen into an abandoned borewell in the Keshopur Sewerage Treatment Plant,” she said.

“While this borewell was on land that had been handed over to Delhi Metro in 2020, nonetheless, it is our responsibility to examine if any lapses have taken place on the part of the Delhi Jal Board and to ensure that no such incident takes place in Delhi in the future,” the Minister added.

(With UNI inputs)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.