February 17, 2026 04:28 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Image Credit: X/RajBhavanKolkata

On sexual harassment charges, Bengal Guv decides to show CCTV footage to public but 'not CM or cops'

| @indiablooms | May 09, 2024, at 05:13 am

Kolkata/IBNS: Bengal Governor CV Ananda Bose, who is facing sexual harassment allegations, Wednesday declared that he would allow the public to see the video footage of the concerned day "but not Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee or her police".

The Raj Bhavan handle on X posted a statement titled "Sach ke Saamne Programme" that said the Governor has launched the programme to counter "mischievous and fabricated allegations by the police" that the Raj Bhavan is not sparing the footage.

The Governor has now decided that the footage will be placed in public domain and will be shown to the first 100 people who wish to see it.

They will be given access to the footage at the Raj Bhavan. The people will be picked from among those who apply to see the same via e-mail or through phone call, the statement added.

On May 2, a female staff working with Kolkata's Raj Bhavan levelled serious allegations of molestation against CV Ananda Bose.

Responding to the charges, Bose's office called the allegations an "engineered narrative".

"If anybody wants some election benefits by maligning me, God Bless them. But they cannot stop my fight against corruption and violence in Bengal," the statement added.

The lady had also filed a complaint with Hare Street Police Station stating that she had been allegedly molested by the Governor twice.

However, Article 361 of the Indian Constitution grants immunity to the President and governors form any criminal proceedings during their terms in office.

The Raj Bhavan has denied entry to the police and state finance minister Chandrima Bhattacharya.

The police were not provided with CCTV footage of the day concerned.

Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee had earlier attacked the Governor as well as PM Modi and his Bharatiya Janata party for remaining quiet about the incident amid the Lok Sabha elections.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.