February 21, 2026 02:15 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

FC Barcelona shares solidarity with victims of terror attack in the city

| | Aug 18, 2017, at 08:11 pm
Barcelona, Aug 18 (IBNS): The Barcelona Football Club shared solidarity with the victims of the terror attack in the city which claimed at least 13 lives and injured dozens others on Thursday.

FC Barcelona on Twitter said their hearts shrank with the attack that rocked the city.

"With the heart shrunk by the attack on our city. All the strength and esteem for the victims, their families and citizens of Barcelona"  FC Barcelona tweeted.

Citizens from at least two dozen countries have been injured or killed in the van attack in the Las Ramblas area of Barcelona and the coastal town of Cambrils, The Guardian reported quoting the Catalan authorities.

By Friday morning the death toll stood at 13. More than 100 were injured. 

So far, the youngest victim of the attacks is thought to be a three-year-old girl, Spanish media reported. She died shortly after she was taken to hospital.

The Spanish Police also said they have killed at least five people to stop a second attack from taking place, hours after a previous strike claimed 13 lives while injuring dozens in Barcelona on Thursday, reports said.

The police said the attackers were wearing explosive belts.

Praying for the victims, former Barcelona player, Neymar, on Twitter said: "That God will comfort the families 🙏🏻😢😪😭 #PrayForBarcelona te quiero BARCELONA."

Media report said the Barcelona players will play wearing black badges in all matches this weekend.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.