February 18, 2026 06:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

1 dead, other severely injured after car riddled with bullets in Etobicoke

| | Oct 20, 2016, at 03:11 am
Toronto, Oct 19 (IBNS): On Tuesday evening after gunmen in a car opened fire on another vehicle in North Etobicoke, one man has succumbed to his injuries and the other is still fighting for his life.

According to Toronto Police, the two men were on Lexington Ave., northwest of Albion and Martin Grove Road., when their car was perforated with bullets shortly before 6 p.m. in the evening.

Const. Jenifferjit Sidhu from the Toronto Police said “The information we have is that a vehicle pulled up beside another vehicle and began firing.”

She also added that both the victims were immediately rushed to the nearest trauma center via emergency runs.

A 28-year-old man inside the vehicle was pronounced dead soon after he was brought to the trauma centre. The other, 24-year-old man is brutally injured and is still fighting for his life in hospital.

The Honda made car of the victim, remained at the site of the shooting following the incident, with the driver side window shot out.

Police however believe the shooter may have fled in a white car.

Presently, police believe it is a case of homicide and thus homicide detectives have taken over the investigation.

Police sources revealed that the dead man, whose name was not immediately released, is the city’s 55th murder victim of the year — the 31st killed by gunfire.

It was earlier in 2012 that Toronto faced more than 30 deadly shootings in a year, when 34 victims were gunned down.

The deadly double shooting in Etobicoke comes just 24 hours after another two men were seriously injured by gunfire on Buckland Rd., near Jane St. and Sheppard Ave. W., and two days after Jarryl Hagley, 17, was shot to death in a restaurant on Weston Rd. just north of Lawrence Ave. W.

(Reporting by Debarati Mukherjee)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.