February 19, 2026 12:47 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
US-Houthi
Representative Image: U.S. Central Command X page

CENTCOM says US, allies shoot down 18 attack drones, 3 missiles fired by Houthis into Red Sea

| @indiablooms | Jan 10, 2024, at 05:03 pm

The United States and its allies recently shot down a barrage of drones and missiles fired by Houthi rebels in Yemen into the southern Red Sea where commercial vessels were transiting, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a press statement.

"On Jan. 9, at approximately 9:15 p.m. (Sanaa time), Iranian-backed Houthis launched a complex attack of Iranian designed one-way attack UAVs (OWA UAVs), anti-ship cruise missiles, and an anti-ship ballistic missile from Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen into the Southern Red Sea, towards international shipping lanes where dozens of merchant vessels were transiting," CENTCOM said Tuesday night.

According to CENTCOM, 18 attack drones, two anti-ship cruise missiles and one anti-ship ballistic missile were shot down by a combined effort of US F-18 fighter jets from the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier and warships of the US and the United Kingdom.

There were no injuries or damage reported, CENTCOM added.

To date, the Houthis have carried out 26 attacks on commercial shipping lanes in the Red Sea since November 19, the statement said.

CENTCOM reiterated that the US and its allies warned the Houthis last week that the group's actions would have consequences if the attacks continued in the region.

(With UNI inputs)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.