February 16, 2026 09:30 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Chinese Blogger
Image: Pixabay

Chinese blogger sentenced to 8 months in prisons for 'slandering' soldiers

| @indiablooms | Jun 01, 2021, at 10:02 pm

Beijing: Chinese authorities have jailed a blogger, who had triggered a controversy by making comments about Chinese soldiers who died in a Himalayan border clash with Indian troops last year, for eight months, media reports said on Tuesday.

Qiu Ziming, 38, was found guilty of "slandering heroes and martyrs", reports BBC.

Qiu, known as "Labixiaoqiu" online, was also ordered to publicly apologize through major domestic portals and the national media within 10 days to eliminate the negative impact, a court in Nanjing, East China's Jiangsu Province ruled, reports Global Times.

The court held that Qiu had truthfully confessed to his crime, entered a guilty plea and said in court that he would never commit the crime again. The sentence was therefore lighter, the newspaper reported.

India and China have been engaged into border standoff along the LAC in eastern Ladakh since early May last year.

It has even led to a violent clash between troops of the two countries in the Galwan valley on June 15, wherein 20 Indian soldiers were killed.

The Chinese side also suffered massive casualties but they have yet not disclosed the figure.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.