February 19, 2026 03:21 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

'Come, we are ready': Iranian general's rebuttal to Trump's threat

| @indiablooms | Jul 27, 2018, at 01:19 pm

Tehran, July 27 (IBNS): A few days after US President Donald Trump, in an all-caps, no-holds-barred tweet, threatened Iran with destruction, if it intimidates America, an Iranian general has paid back the former in the same coin.

Major General Qassem Soleimani, the leader of the Quds Force of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards, told the US President that any attempt by the latter to wage a war in Iran will cost him dearly.

"As a soldier, it is my duty to respond to your threats," he told the Iranian news agency Tasnim.

"Talk to me, not to the president. It is not in our president's dignity to respond to you.

"We are near you, where you can't even imagine. Come. We are ready.

"If you begin the war, we will end the war. You know that this war will destroy all that you possess," he said.

Trump had posted the 'threat-filled' tweet on Sunday.

"To Iranian President Rouhani: NEVER, EVER THREATEN THE UNITED STATES AGAIN OR YOU WILL SUFFER CONSEQUENCES THE LIKES OF WHICH FEW THROUGHOUT HISTORY HAVE EVER SUFFERED BEFORE. WE ARE NO LONGER A COUNTRY THAT WILL STAND FOR YOUR DEMENTED WORDS OF VIOLENCE & DEATH. BE CAUTIOUS!" he said.

A day later, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif said he was unimpressed with Trump's attempt, while, reminding the latter that the Middle Eastern regime was accustomed to such threats.

"COLOR US UNIMPRESSED: The world heard even harsher bluster a few months ago. And Iranians have heard them —albeit more civilized ones—for 40 yrs. We’ve been around for millennia & seen fall of empires, incl our own, which lasted more than the life of some countries. BE CAUTIOUS!" he said.

Tensions have prevailed between the US and Iran, ever since the Trump administration decided to dump the US-Iran nuclear agreement, penned during former US President Barack Obama.

However, according to latest reports, Trump is ready to make a 'real deal' with Iran.

Earlier this week, replying to Trump's comments, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani had said: "America should know that peace with Iran is the mother of all peace, and war with Iran is the mother of all wars."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.