February 18, 2026 04:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Crowded Toronto streets used by sexual predator to conceal crimes

| | Sep 22, 2016, at 03:03 pm
Toronto, Sep 22 (IBNS): A sexual predator has been assaulting teen girls in midtown Toronto and using busy pedestrian-filled streets to evade police and to conceal his crimes, according to recent media reports.

Between Sep 2 and 12, investigators have received several reports of sexual assaults in Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue area at various times of day, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.

CTV Toronto quoting Constable Caroline de Kloet reported  that the suspect assaults girls between the ages of thirteen and sixteen at a time when the pedestrian traffic is busy.

On September 16, as a woman at the Yonge-Bloor subway station was making her way from one subway platform to another, she was sexually assaulted. When confronted by a witness, the suspect quickly disappeared into the crowd of commuters leaving a subway car, reports said

When security camera images of the suspect were released by the investigators, police inferred that it was the same man, who had previously been conducting sexual assaults at Yonge and Eglinton.

“These two cases, with the two different pictures, we do believe is the same individual,” de Kloet said.

The suspect is of medium build with brown hair with a height between five feet, nine inches and six feet, and is believed to be between twenty-four and thirty-five years of age.

When he was last seen, he was wearing a red golf shirt, navy blue shorts and brown thong sandals.

Police alerted the public of more such cases and have asked anyone with information to contact police at 416-808-1400 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS.

(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.