February 19, 2026 08:13 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Female shooter at YouTube HQ dead after injuring 3 people, says police

| @indiablooms | Apr 04, 2018, at 01:07 pm

Washington, Apr 4 (IBNS): A woman shot and injured three people and then apparently killed herself at video sharing website You Tube's headquarter in Northern California, officials said on Wednesday.

San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said the incident occurred on Tuesday.

He said the police arrived at the scene at 12: 48 local time.

"San Bruno Police arrived on scene at 12:48pm, two minutes after the first call, and immediately began searching for a possible suspect. Arriving officers encountered numerous employees fleeing the building. Officers encountered one victim with an apparent gunshot wound to a lower extremity at the front of the building," the police said in a statement.

"At 12:53 p.m., officers conducting a search located a deceased female inside with a possible self-inflicted gunshot wound. Two additional victims were located after fleeing to a next door business. A total of four people were transported to local hospitals, three of which had gunshot wounds. The extent of the victims’ injuries are unknown at this time," it said.

The police are still searching the building.

"A perimeter has been set up and SWAT Teams from San Mateo County are conducting an extensive search of the building," read the statement.

The identities of the attacker and the victims have not been disclosed by the police so far.

After Vadim Lavrusik, a YouTube product employee, got evacuated from the building, he tweeted: "Safe. Got evacuated it. Outside now."

Google chief Sundar Pichai said he does not have words to describe the tragedy.

"There are no words to describe the tragedy that occurred today. @SusanWojcicki & I are focused on supporting our employees & the @YouTube community through this difficult time together. Thank you to the police & first responders for their efforts, and to all for msgs of support," Pichai tweeted.

Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump appreciated the security force for their swift actions.

"Was just briefed on the shooting at YouTube’s HQ in San Bruno, California. Our thoughts and prayers are with everybody involved. Thank you to our phenomenal Law Enforcement Officers and First Responders that are currently on the scene," Trump tweeted.

 

Image: SanBrunoPolice Twitter video Grab

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.