February 18, 2026 11:01 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Red Sea
Image credit: UNI

Houthis launch 3 missiles towards Danish merchant ship in Red Sea, says US command

| @indiablooms | Feb 18, 2024, at 05:08 pm

Washington/IBNS/UNI: Four anti-ship missiles were fired from areas controlled by the Ansar Allah movement, also known as the Houthis, in Yemen, with at least three of them targeting Danish merchant ship MT Pollux in the Red Sea, the US Central Command (CENTCOM) said on Saturday.

" … four anti-ship ballistic missiles launched from Iranian-backed Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen into the Red Sea. It is assessed that at least three of the missiles were launched towards commercial vessel MT Pollux, a Panamanian-flagged, Denmark-owned, Panamanian-registered vessel. There were no reported injuries or damage from MT Pollux or any other ship in the area," the command said in a statement.

On Friday, US forces launched self-defense strikes against one anti-ship cruise missile and one mobile unmanned surface vessel (USV) in Yemeni waters, the statement added.

"CENTCOM identified the mobile missile and USV in Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen and determined it presented an imminent threat to U.S. Navy ships and merchant vessels in the region," the statement read.

The Ansar Allah movement, which controls much of Yemen's Red Sea coast, has previously warned of its intention to attack any ships linked to Israel, calling on other countries to recall their crews and stay away from them at sea.

Several shipping companies have decided to suspend traffic through the Red Sea.

The Houthis have previously said that their actions in the Red Sea are aimed at helping the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip, saying that they do not interfere with freedom of navigation in the region.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.