February 18, 2026 11:00 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Gaza ceasefire
Photo Courtesy: Benjamin Netanyahu X page

Israel’s statement that UNSC resolution hampered talks with Hamas inaccurate: US

| @justearthnews | Mar 27, 2024, at 06:23 am

Washington/IBNS/UNI: The statement by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office saying that the UN resolution on a Gaza ceasefire has emboldened Hamas to reject a compromise hostage deal proposal is "inaccurate in almost every respect," US State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said on Tuesday.

"[Netanyahu’s office] statement, which I believe said that Hamas pulled out of the hostage talks or Hamas rejected the most recent proposal because of the United Nations Security Council resolution, that statement is inaccurate in almost every respect, and it is unfair to the hostages and their families," Miller said during a press briefing.

Netanyahu’s office said earlier in the day that "Hamas' stance clearly demonstrates its utter disinterest in a negotiated deal and attests to the damage done by the UN Security Council's resolution."

On Monday, the UN Security Council adopted a resolution calling for an immediate Ramadan ceasefire in Gaza. The motion was sponsored by the 10 non-permanent members of the UNSC.

Fourteen countries voted in favor, while the United States abstained.

US Ambassador to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield said that Washington "fully supports some of the critical objectives in this non-binding resolution."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.