February 20, 2026 02:52 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Joe Biden-Donald Trump
Xinhua/UNI

Joe Biden 'does not care' about Donald Trump’s plan to visit border

| @indiablooms | Mar 29, 2021, at 05:29 pm

Moscow/Sputnik/UNI: US President Joe Biden has said he does not care about the plans of the former US President Donald Trump to visit the southern border over the next few weeks.

"We are putting in place a plan that I feel very confident about. And I don’t care about what the other guy does," Biden told reporters on Sunday, as broadcast by MSNBC.

On Saturday, Trump said on Fox News that he would probably visit the border in the coming weeks plus the former president called on Biden to complete the border wall, warning that if the "Remain in Mexico" policy is not reenacted, millions of migrants were going to arrive in the US and "it’s going to destroy our country."

Earlier this month, Trump released a statement blaming Secretary for Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas and the Joe Biden administration for the current crisis at the US southern border.

Mayorkas defended the DHS handling of the migrant crisis on "Meet the Press", saying families and single adults are being expelled and facilities are being set up to house unaccompanied migrant children.

Some 100,000 potential illegal immigrants tried to cross the border into the United States from Mexico in February compared with only 36,000 in the same month last year, Congressman Michael Guest stated earlier this month.

The Biden administration was unprepared to handle a surge in immigration in the middle of the continuing coronavirus pandemic, according to Guest.

Data from US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) shows 9,457 unaccompanied migrant children were apprehended at the southern border in February, which is a substantial increase from the 5,858 unaccompanied migrant children apprehended in January.

The US Border Patrol believes that this month, the number of unaccompanied children placed into custody will exceed 16,000, marking a record since 2010.

In April, between 18,600 and 22,000 children could cross the border, while the US government estimates for May are between 21,800 and 25,000 unaccompanied minors.

According to US media reports, there are currently over 18,000 unaccompanied migrant children in US custody, over 5,000 of them are being held at CBP facilities not designed for long-term housing.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.