February 18, 2026 02:19 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Kabul militant attack: US condemns

| | Mar 09, 2017, at 03:27 pm
Washington, Mar 9 (IBNS): The US on Thursday condemned the militant attack at a hospital in Afghanistan's Kabul city which left at least 30 people killed.

"The U.S. Embassy strongly condemns today’s deadly attack on an Afghan National Army Hospital in Kabul," read a statement issued by the US Embassy in Kabul.

"The attack demonstrates the blatant disregard for human life by those seeking to disrupt Afghanistan’s democratic progress.  Targeting a medical facility providing care for the brave Afghans working to protect their fellow citizens has no possible justification in any religion or creed.  We extend our deepest heartfelt condolences to the families, friends, and colleagues of the victims of this senseless and cowardly act," it said.

At least 30 people were killed as terrorists attacked Sardar Mohammad Daud Khan Military Hospital in Afghanistan's capital Kabul on Wednesday, media reports said.

The attack left 50 others injured, reports said.

Syed Ismael Kawasi, public relation officer of the MoPH, told Pajhwok Afghan News the injured had been shifted to Wazir Mohammad Akbar Khan and Emergency Hospitals.

Militant group ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.