February 21, 2026 04:24 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Kenya Suicide Attack
Image credit: UNI

Kenya: Three killed in suicide attack

| @indiablooms | Dec 09, 2021, at 02:43 am

Nairobi/UNI/Xinhua: Three people including a suicide bomber were killed in a blast in Kisumu County in Western Kenya, the police confirmed on Wednesday.

Kisumu County police commander Karanja Muiruri said the victims, a man and his wife, died during the blast on Tuesday evening in the Nyakach area while the attacker also died on the spot after detonating himself.

Muirui said the terror suspect, identified as Joseph Odhiambo Ondiek alias Pope, went to the couple's homestead and found them seated with their daughter and started to question them.

"The al-Shabab suspect started questioning them on things they don't understand," he said.

The police said an improvised explosive device that the terror suspect was carrying suddenly detonated killing the suspect on the spot and the couple while the couple's daughter sustained injuries and is hospitalized.

The police said the 44-year-old suicide bomber was suspected to be a returnee from the al-Shabab terror group which has increased attacks in the East Africa region.

Muiruri said security agencies have launched an investigation into the Tuesday evening incident that he termed an act of terrorism.

"We are trying to establish where he has been for the past months. This is serious and we are pursuing it," he said.

According to the police report, area residents identified the suspect who on December 17 last year tried to kill his girlfriend in their rented house at Katito town over alleged infidelity. The suspect had made an explosive and left it in the house. It exploded but the girlfriend escaped unhurt.

"After the Katito incident, the suspect disappeared to an unknown location just to resurface on Tuesday to attack people. Tuesday's incident is taken to be an act of terrorist," the police said in the report.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.