February 18, 2026 07:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback

Ontario Ombudsman holds school boards responsible for bus crisis

| | Aug 11, 2017, at 06:43 am
Toronto, Aug 11 (IBNS): Ontario Ombudsman has held Toronto public and Catholic school boards responsible for the crisis regarding the school bus, media reports said.

The Ontario Ombudsman Investigation stated the two boards were complacent in the whole matter.

They said the boards were well aware of the shortage of drivers as early as 2016.

After the new transportation agreement, several routes were revised as per the new methods of assigning routes.

The Investigation found out that some operators were either unable or unwilling to cover those routes.

Though the boards were informed about the crisis by a top transportation official prior to the beginning of the academic year, none of them paid heed to the warning.

Ombudsman Paul Dubé was quoted by 680 News: "My investigation found that, far from being unpredictable and beyond the control of the school boards and Toronto Student Transportation Group, the 2016 transportation disruptions were rooted in their actions and inactions before the start of the school year."

The boards said they brought several changes which include giving routes to bus operators which were earlier in the planning process, installing new software for bus routes and the launch of the online transportation portal.


(Reporting by Souvik Ghosh)

Image: Creative Commons.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.