February 20, 2026 07:00 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Over 100 US troops diagnosed with traumatic brain injury after Iranian attack, says Pentagon

| @indiablooms | Feb 11, 2020, at 01:11 pm

Washington/Xinhua: Over 100 US troops had been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury due to last month's Iranian missile attack on US military bases in Iraq, US Defense Department said Monday in a statement.

"As of today, 109 US service members have been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury, or mTBI, an increase of 45 since the previous report," the statement said.

Among the injured, 76 ones have been treated and returned to duty, it added.

In addition, 27 troops have been transported to Germany for further evaluation, and 21 of them were subsequently transported to the United States, the Pentagon noted.

"This is a snapshot in time and numbers can change," according to the statement.

Days after the killing of Iranian senior commander Qassem Soleimani by a US drone in early January, Iran retaliated by launching ballistic missiles on military bases housing US troops in Iraq's western province of Anbar and near the city of Erbil, capital of the semi-autonomous region of Kurdistan.

US military initially said that no casualty was reported from the Iranian attack. US President Donald Trump then downplayed the seriousness of the attack, saying, "I heard that they had headaches and a couple of other things, but I would say and I can report that it's not very serious."

More than 5,000 US troops are deployed in Iraq to support the Iraqi forces in the battle against Islamic State militants. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.