February 18, 2026 04:36 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Pakistan mosque attack: US condemns

| | Sep 17, 2016, at 02:40 pm
Washington, Sept 17 (IBNS): The US on Saturday condemned suicide attack at a mosque in Pakistan which killed at least 28 people.

NSC Spokesperson Ned Price said in a statement: "The United States condemns in the strongest terms today’s terrorist attack in Mohmand Agency, Pakistan, which has killed as many as 25 and injured many more.  "

"This attack against civilians at a mosque during Friday prayers is an appalling reminder that terrorism threatens all countries in the region, and we send our deepest condolences to the loved ones of those killed as well as our thoughts and prayers to those injured," he said.

" The United States stands with the people of Pakistan against the scourge of terrorism and will continue to work with the Government of Pakistan against those who committed such outrageous attacks," Price said.

The death toll in the suicide attack which rocked a mosque at  tehsil Anbar in Mohmand Agency in Pakistan reached 28, media reports said on Saturday.

Quoting  political administration sources,Geo News reported that the explosion took place when people were returning home from the mosque after Friday prayers.

The attack left 30 others injured.

Injured people were rushed to hospitals for treatment.

A security source was quoted as saying by Dawn News that the suicide bomber blew himself up in the veranda of the mosque.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.