February 18, 2026 04:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
Chinese Drug Traffickers
Image: PNP

Philippines: Chinese drug traffickers killed in anti-narcotics police operation, methamphetamine seized

| @indiablooms | Sep 09, 2021, at 01:30 am

Manila: Philippines police conducted an anti-narcotics operation in which four Chinese  drug traffickers were killed on Tuesday.

Police seized 500 kilogrammes (1,100 pounds) of methamphetamine from them.

Philippines National Police said four big time drug traffickers were killed in the operations.

"Government’s intelligence and anti-narcotics operatives seized some P3.4 billion worth of shabu in a successful interoperability of at least five government agencies led by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) against a big-time illegal drugs syndicate on Tuesday, September 7, in Candelaria, Zambales," it said.

The drugs, with an estimated value of nearly $70 million, were put on small boats in international waters and smuggled into the country, Philippine National Police said in a statement as quoted by AFP.

One of the men killed was identified as Xu Youha, who police said was "one of the key players of illegal drugs activities" in the Philippines and had been under surveillance, reported AFP.

The buy-bust operation at a hotel in Candelaria town, Zambales province, "resulted in the death of four Chinese drug traffickers who engaged government operatives in a gun battle in a failed attempt to escape," the statement said.

"This operation was a result of the whole-of-government approach in our campaign against illegal drugs," police chief General Guillermo Eleazar said in the statement.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.