April 03, 2025 10:16 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
In a major boost for tourism, Shimla to get Asia's longest ropeway spanning 13.79 kilometers | Karnataka govt hikes sales tax on diesel, price goes up by Rs. 2 | 'Heard India will be dropping its tariffs substantially': Donald Trump ahead of announcing reciprocal tariff | Opposition MPs decide to vote against Waqf Amendment Bill in Parliament tomorrow | Chilean President Boric visits India, discusses ways to expand bilateral ties with Modi | Himanta Biswa Sarma slams Muhammad Yunus' Northeast remarks, Tripura leader suggests Bangladesh's split | Modi govt determined to uproot Naxalism by March 31, 2026: Amit Shah | Time for reciprocity: White House refers to India's 100 percent tariff imposed on US agri products ahead of April 2 deadline | Fresh encounter breaks out in J&K's Kathua, security forces trap 3 terrorists | Pakistani advocacy group nominates Imran Khan for Nobel Peace Prize

Three dead, 87 injured after bar collapses in south China

| @indiablooms | May 20, 2019, at 04:19 pm

Nanning, May 20 (Xinhua/UNI) At least three people were killed and 87 others injured after the roof of a night bar collapsed early Monday morning in the city of Bose, south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.

As of Monday noon, four people remained trapped. Rescuers, however, equipped with life detectors and search and rescue dogs, have found no signs of life at the site of the accident, said the regional emergency management department.

The bar, with a space of 700 square meters, was located on the top floor of a three-story steel-framed building, in Youjiang District.

Local police and fire departments sent around 260 people to help with rescue efforts after the accident happened at around 1 a.m. Monday.

A total of 90 people had been rescued and sent to the hospital for treatment, the department said.

Three of them died after treatment failed, one is in critical condition and 16 are severely injured, said the department. Of those who were slightly injured, 17 remained in hospital for further observation, and 53 have been discharged from the hospital after wound debridement, it said.

Both the national and regional health authorities have sent medical expert teams to guide treatment of the injured.

Investigation and rescue efforts are still underway.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Close menu