August 24, 2026 04:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence
UAE's air defence system detected potential missile threat. Representative photo of Abhu Dhabi: ChatGPT

UAE issues missile threat alert, urges residents to seek safe shelter

| @indiablooms | Aug 18, 2026, at 09:19 pm

The United Arab Emirates has issued its first major missile threat warning in months, urging residents to remain in safe locations after the country's air defence systems detected a potential missile threat targeting the UAE.

The National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) said in a statement on X that residents should remain alert and follow instructions issued through official channels.

"UAE air defence systems detected a missile threat targeting the country. Please remain in a safe location and follow warnings and updates issued through official channels," the authority said.

Interior Ministry issues separate alert

The UAE Interior Ministry also issued a warning, citing the "current situation" and "potential missile threats".

Residents were advised to move to the nearest secure building and remain in a safe place until further instructions.

The alerts come amid heightened tensions in the Middle East, a day after a Memorandum of Understanding between Iran and the United States, aimed at ending the fighting in the region, expired on Monday.

Last missile warning came in May

The latest alert marks the first such warning in the UAE in several months.

The country's previous missile warning was issued in May.

In June, residents received a false missile-threat alert after a technical malfunction in the national early warning system mistakenly triggered emergency notifications on their phones.

Authorities subsequently clarified that the June alert had been caused by a technical issue.

The latest warning, however, was issued after the UAE's air defence systems detected what authorities described as a potential missile threat, prompting officials to urge residents to take precautionary measures and rely only on official updates.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.