February 21, 2026 05:43 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Mariupol
Image Credit: twitter.com/ICRC

Ukraine rejects Russian deadline to surrender in Mariupol

| @indiablooms | Apr 18, 2022, at 04:23 am

Kyiv: The Ukrainian forces besieged in Mariupol city have rejected Russia's demands to surrender and continue to resist the assault, top Ukrainian official said on Sunday.

"There are still our military forces, our soldiers so they will fight until the end and as for now they are still in Mariupol," ABC News quoted Ukrainian Prime Minister Denys Shmyhal as saying.

Meanwhile, an adviser to the mayor of Mariupol has also rejected the Russian ultimatum. According to CNN, Russia's Ministry of Defense had called on the Ukrainian soldiers still in Mariupol to surrender by 1 pm (local time), warning that anyone still resisting after the deadline "will be eliminated."

Later, the ministry said that the surrounded Ukrainian soldiers "were offered to voluntarily lay down arms and surrender in order to save their lives."

"However, the Kyiv nationalist regime, according to the radio intercept, forbade negotiations about surrendering," the Ministry claimed.

It quoted the Ukrainian soldiers, who had previously surrendered, that "there are up to 400 foreign mercenaries who joined the Ukrainian forces" trapped at the plant, including Europeans and Canadians.

"In case of further resistance, all of them will be eliminated," it added.

(With UNI inputs)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.