May 23, 2026 02:39 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Mohamad Safa had been serving as the main representative of Patriotic Vision (PVA) at the UN. Photo: Official X.

UN diplomat quits, alleges nuclear strike scenario in Iran

| @indiablooms | Mar 30, 2026, at 10:22 pm

A diplomat affiliated with the United Nations has resigned from his role, alleging that the global body is preparing for a scenario involving the potential use of nuclear weapons in Iran.

Mohamad Safa announced his resignation on X, accompanied by a detailed letter explaining his decision.

Safa had been serving as the main representative of Patriotic Vision (PVA), an international organisation with special consultative status at the United Nations Economic and Social Council.

According to UN Environment Programme records, Safa had been the executive director of the Patriotic Vision Organisation since 2013 and was appointed as its permanent representative to the United Nations in 2016.

In his statement, Safa said he took the step after “much reflection,” alleging that certain senior figures within the UN were influenced by a powerful lobby.

He claimed the organisation was preparing for the possible use of nuclear weapons in Iran, warning of the potential humanitarian consequences.

Referring to Tehran, a city of nearly 10 million people, Safa urged the public to consider the human cost of any such escalation.

He drew comparisons to major global capitals, asking readers to imagine the impact of nuclear strikes on cities like Washington, Berlin, Paris, or London.

“I gave up my diplomatic career to leak this information,” he wrote, adding that he could not remain part of what he described as a potential “crime against humanity.” He also warned of the risk of a “nuclear winter” if such actions were carried out.

Safa called for global protests and public mobilisation, referencing recent demonstrations in the United States under the “No Kings” slogan. He urged people to take the threat seriously and “act now” to prevent escalation.

In his letter, Safa said he had considered resigning as early as 2023 but had delayed his decision.

He also alleged that he faced criticism and marginalisation after expressing concerns following the October 2023 Hamas attack on Israel and the subsequent conflict.

He further claimed that he had been censored by certain senior UN officials and had received death threats targeting him and his family.

The United Nations has not issued an official response to Safa’s allegations.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.