August 24, 2026 05:04 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence
A joint Israeli-US strike damaged a major bridge in Iran (L). Photo: X/Donald Trump.

US-Israeli strikes damage Iran's major bridge near Karaj; Donald Trump issues a fresh warning

| @indiablooms | Apr 02, 2026, at 11:35 pm

Joint strikes by the United States and Israel have partially destroyed a major bridge under construction near Karaj, west of Tehran, amid escalating tensions with Iran. Several people were reported injured in the attack.

The structure, identified as the B1 Karaj bridge, was being built to connect Tehran with the western city of Karaj. Standing at around 136 metres, it had been described as one of the region’s most ambitious infrastructure projects.

Footage circulating on social media showed heavy smoke rising from the site, followed by sections of the bridge collapsing.

Iranian state television reported that:

  • The bridge was targeted more than once
  • The first strike caused civilian casualties
  • A second strike hit while emergency teams were at the scene, responding to the initial attack

Officials referred to the attackers as the “American-Zionist enemy.”

Trump’s reaction

Donald Trump shared visuals of the strike on Truth Social, stating: “The biggest bridge in Iran comes tumbling down, never to be used again — much more to follow.”

He also warned Iran to agree to a deal “before it is too late.”

Earlier in the day, Trump claimed that US military action had significantly weakened Iran’s military capabilities and said operations would intensify over the next two to three weeks, including potential strikes on key infrastructure such as power plants.

Rising tensions

The attack marks a further escalation in the ongoing conflict between Iran and the US-Israel alliance, with critical infrastructure now increasingly becoming targets.

While Washington has framed the strikes as part of achieving “strategic objectives,” Tehran has condemned them as attacks on civilian infrastructure.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.