May 23, 2026 08:09 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Honoured to visit the Missionaries of Charity today, says Rubio after Kolkata visit, arrives in Delhi | Marco Rubio's India visit begins in Kolkata: Trade, defence and Quad talks take centre stage | Third fuel price hike in India in 10 days: Here’s what you’ll pay now | Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60%
Image Credit: UNI

12 new COVID-19 cases detected in Meghalaya, night curfew extended

| @indiablooms | Aug 24, 2020, at 10:08 pm

Shillong/UNI: The number of active COVID-19 cases went up to 1141 in Meghalaya with 12 new cases detected as on Monday morning, taking the total number of active cases to 733.

Meanwhile, night curfew has been further extended in the East Khasi Hills, the district worst affected by COVID-19 in Meghalaya, by District Magistrate Matsiewdor War Nongbri from August 24 to 31 from 2100 hours to 0500 hours each day to “put in place preventive measures and awareness, to identify and take more stringent steps to ensure social distancing so the COVID-19 pandemic is contained, reduced and eliminated”.

Director of Health Services (MI), Dr. Aman War informed that out of the new 12 active cases, ten cases, including nine from among armed forces personnel and one civilian, were detected in East Khasi Hills, which  is the most affected district in the state with 733 active cases

He said two more persons tested positive for the virus in the Ri-Bhoi district, which now has a total of 96 active cases.

Four persons, including two in East Khasi Hills and one each in West Khasi Hills and West Jaintia Hills, recovered from the viral infection on Monday, taking the number of recoveries to 780, even as eight COVID-19 related deaths have been registered in the state so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.