April 04, 2025 01:26 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
West Bengal: Mamata Banerjee accuses BJP, CPI (M) for SC verdict on SSC recruitment, vows to support affected teachers | Supreme Court stays deforestation in Hyderabad's Kancha Gachibowli amid protests | Modi a great friend of mine but not treating US right: Donald Trump announcing reciprocal tariffs on India | Crushing defeat for Mamata Banerjee: BJP reacts to Supreme Court's SSC recruitment order | DMK to challenge Waqf (Amendment) Bill in Supreme Court, announces Stalin | Supreme Court upholds Calcutta HC order quashing 25,000 appointments by SSC in Bengal | In a major boost for tourism, Shimla to get Asia's longest ropeway spanning 13.79 kilometers | Karnataka govt hikes sales tax on diesel, price goes up by Rs. 2 | 'Heard India will be dropping its tariffs substantially': Donald Trump ahead of announcing reciprocal tariff | Opposition MPs decide to vote against Waqf Amendment Bill in Parliament tomorrow

JK govt clarifies on killing of Bemina man in crossfire

| | Jun 14, 2016, at 10:54 pm
Srinagar, June 14 (IBNS): The Jammu and Kashmir government said that the Bemina man who was killed in cross-fire between forces and militants died after he opened fire on police and paramilitary personnel from inside a bus near Kud area of Udhampur.

“The CRPF and JKP started searching vehicles at Karnal, Nallah Kud and an SRTC bus was stopped,” Minister Gh Nabi Lone Hanjura told the Lower House on Tuesday.

PDP’s Batamaloo lawmaker, Sheikh Noor Mohammad and Opposition members had sought clarification from the government on Kud operation in which a man from Bemina and a lady were killed.

The family of the deceased claimed he had been unarmed and was on his way to Amritsar for medical treatment.

Earlier Noor Muhammad, an MLA of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), had asked the government to explain the circumstances under which the operation had been carried out.

Ali Muhammad Sagar, the legislator of the opposition National Conference, had asked the government to clarify whether the person had been killed in a fake encounter.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Close menu