February 22, 2026 06:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Official Twitter handle of A.R. Rahman

Am nothing without fans' support, Rahman reacts to concert controversy

| | Jul 16, 2017, at 06:33 pm
New York, July 16 (IBNS): Legendary music composer AR Rahman on Sunday reacted to the controversy that broke over his recent concert in London earlier this month.

The concert has left many of his fans upset as the iconic singer performed mostly Tamil Songs.

Rahman, currently in New York for the IIFA Awards, told NDTV that he 'tries his best' and is 'nothing' without the support of his fans.

"We try our best. We try to be honest. I love the way how people have supported for all these years without them I'm nothing. I'm grateful to all of them," the singer told the channel.

This comes after fans got furious after attending the UK concert of the Indian musician in London on last Saturday for singing excessive Tamil songs, media reports said.

Reports suggested that the concert-goers walked out of the concert when the singer sang mostly Tamil songs and not the Hindi ones.

Many of his fans also asked for refund of the money they had spend to purchase tickets for the concert.

Twitter was flooded over the week with angry reactions from fans.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.