February 21, 2026 07:21 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

Kerala HC upholds Sreesanth's lifetime ban

| | Oct 18, 2017, at 04:23 am
New Delhi, Oct 17 (IBNS): In what can be seen as another blow to the future of the 2007 World T20 champ, a division bench of the Kerala high court on Tuesday upheld the appeal made by the BCCI against the earlier single bench verdict that lifted the life ban on ex-Indian pace bowler S Sreesanth.

The ban was lifted on him in August.

Meanwhile, Sreesanth called the decision given by the court as 'worst'.

"And what about the accused 13 names in Lodha report?? No one wants to know about it?i will keep fighting for my right..God is great ," the Indian pacer tweeted.

"Thanks a lot for all the support Nd encouragement given so far. I assure u all that I'm not giving up..I will Keep at it..Nd alwys believe," he said.

The bowler said: "Anyway all I have is my family and lots of dear ones who still believes in me..I will keep fighting and make sure I don't give up."

"This is the worst decision ever..special rule for me?what about real culprits?What about chennai super kings ? And what about Rajasthan ?," he asked.

The Kerala High Court in August asked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to lift the lifetime ban imposed on pace bowler S Sreesanth.

It was imposed on him following a 2013 spot fixing scandal in the Indian Premier League.

Along with Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were also accused in the spot fixing scandal broke out in IPL 2013. All were acquitted by the Patiala Court in 2015.

Sreesanth was the bowler of Rajasthan Royals in 2013 edition of IPL.

The former pace bowler made his international debut in 2005.

 

Official Facebook page of Sree Santh

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.