February 17, 2026 10:24 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Strongly condemning murder of missing Israeli teens, UN chief urges calm on all sides

| | Jul 01, 2014, at 03:36 pm
New York, July 1 (IBNS): Strongly condemning the murder of three Israeli teenagers abducted in mid-June in the West Bank, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Monday declared that the perpetrators’ attempts to stoke tensions in the region "must not be allowed to succeed", expressing hope that Israeli’s and Palestinians will work together to uncover the truth.

In a statement issued by his spokesperson in New York, the Secretary-General condemned “in the strongest terms” the murder of the three Israeli teenagers abducted on 12 June in the West Bank. According to news reports, the Israeli military said it found three bodies northwest of Hebron earlier on Monday.

“There can be no justification for the deliberate killing of civilians,” said the statement, noting that  Ban hopes Israeli and Palestinian authorities will work together to bring the perpetrators swiftly to justice, and extends his deepest sympathy to the families of the victi

The statement said the UN chief believes this heinous act by enemies of peace aims to further entrench division and distrust and to widen the conflict, and must not be allowed to succeed. “He calls on all parties to abide by their obligations under international law and to refrain from any actions that could further escalate this highly tense situation,” it concluded.

Just on Sunday, ahead of farewell meeting in New York with outgoing Israeli President Shimon Peres, the Secretary-General underscored the United Nations strong solidarity with Israel and stressed the need to avoid an escalation of tensions in the wake of the abductions.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.